Come and learn about Cass Community Social Services, the affiliated mission arm of Cass Community United Methodist Church in Detroit, Michigan. Cass is dedicated to providing food, housing, health services, and job programs in ministry with the surrounding community.
Cass serves the community in the following ways:
- Serving over 1,000,000 meals a year
- Housing 325 people each night
- Hosting two free health clinics
- Running a day program for 135 developmentally disabled adults
- Providing employment for 85 difficult to employ individuals.
Cass is also building a neighborhood of “Tiny Homes” that will offer home ownership and housing security to many formerly homeless and other low-income members of the community.
Participants of this workshop will witness and experience these transformational ministries first-hand alongside those living in this distressed, yet, gentrifying community including Cass’ exciting new Tiny Homes initiatives. Other training highlights include the exploration of:
- The relationship between this urban church and its nonprofit mission arm;
- Successful fundraising/revenue generation beyond the collection plate;
- The church’s response to gentrification.
To learn more about the ministry of Cass Community UMC, watch this video.
For more information about this church, click here.
Detailed information and registration for this event will be posted here.
Lodging is available at: Holiday Inn Express, 1020 Washington Blvd., Detroit, Michigan 48226
To apply for a scholarship, click here.